uh oh, we couldn't find anything...
How accurate is locator analytics data?
We try to be as accurate as we can with location data; however, there are still some things that can affect geographical accuracy. Visitor location is calculated in the following ways:
- City or region approximation via visitor's IP address (usually on locator start up).
- Browser geolocation.
- Recording location the visitor has searched for.
Please note that some factors can affect location accuracy:
- The visitor is searching via a mobile device while traveling.
- IP address approximation could not determine the city of the visitor, so the geographical center of the region was used instead.
- The visitor could search for the city they're planning on visiting.
Was this article helpful? /
Thank you for helping us improve support!