How do I bulk upload locations?
If you have a lot of locations to import, the best way to do it is through the importer tool.
Our importer does not require you to pre-format your data into a specific format. You can import from any kind of spreadsheet — the most important thing to remember is that your very first row should be the header. However, if you're starting from scratch, we also have a sample document available.
To import your data:
- On your dashboard, navigate to Locations.
- Click the import button — an importer wizard will open.
- You have several options: you can either upload an Excel or CSV file from your desktop, copy and paste a Google Sheets URL, or pull data from a custom URL (for example your own API). We support only Excel (xls & xlsx) and CSV files.
- After you've uploaded your spreadsheet, the wizard will take you to the Parse tab — this is where you get to map your columns to our keys, so our importer knows how to handle your data.
- The only fields we need are the address fields (everything else is optional). So, if you map a full address column, or address 1, city, state and country columns, the next button will let you go to the next step.
- The settings tab allows you to configure how you'd like your data to be processed.
- Once you go to the preview tab, you'll be able to see how your locations are being geocoded and processed. This is a good step to ensure you have mapped your columns accurately and your addresses are being recognized.
- If you have a Business account the save tab let's you save your settings into a standalone importer. These importers can be scheduled at any time of the day and run daily so your data can be easily synced. You can also create more than one importer if you have several sources.
- Once you're ready to import, navigate to the import tab. The process can take between a few minutes and a few hours depending on how big your dataset is. Feel free to close the wizard or even the website — this will not interfere with your import. We'll send you an email when it's done!
- If you navigate to Imports > Log, you can see the history of your imports with some statistics. You can also cancel an on-going import from there.
If you're still having issues with importing your data, please give us a shout!